1/2 cup arthar dal
100 gm pumpkin – chopped (1 cup)
Lemon sized ball of imli (tamarind)
1 and half salt or to taste
1/4 tsp hing powder
2 tbsp sambar powder
1 tbsp oil
1 onion – sliced
1/2 tsp sarson (mustard seeds)
1/4 cup cury leaves
1. Put dal in a microproof bowl. Add 1 cup water and microwave for 5 min. remove the cover and microwave for 5 min more. Cool. Add ½ cup water . mix . blend in a mixer to a puree.
2. Microwave imli in 1/2 cup water for 2 min. Extract more juice . Keep imili juice aside.
3. Put oil curry leaves , sarsoon, samber powder and onions in a deep microproof bowl. Mix well. Microwave for 5 min.
4. Add chooped vegtables, salt, pureed dal and imli paani. Cover and microwave for 6 min.
5. Add 2 cups water and microwave for 6 min. serve hot.
Watch this video to learn “Special Sambar Dish”