10 fresh or varak( silver sheets)
3 cup milk 91/2 kg), 1 cup boiled rice
1/4 tin condensed milk
1 cup grated paneer
10 almonds – cut into thin long pieces
1 tbsp kishmish, 1-2 drops kewra essence
Seeds of 2 chhoti illaichi (green cardamoms) – powdered
1/4 tsp kesar (saffron) – soaked in 1 tsp warm water, a few rose petals
1. Microwave 3 cups milk and boiled rice in a big deep bowl for 8 minutes or till it boils.
2. Microwave at 60% power for 20 minutes, stirring once in between. Remove from microwave.
3. Add all the other ingredients of the shahi kheer. Traansfer to a shallow serving dish. Keep to chill in the fridge.
4. Remove seed of lychees carefully. Insert an almond in each.
5. Place 3-4 lychees on a varak at intervals. Pick up the varak along with the lychees carfully such as to coat 3-4 lychees with one sheet of varak. Keep in the fridge.
6. At serving time, arrang the pearl lychees on the kheer. Dot with some kesar & sprinkle 1-2 rose petals.